Eligibility to apply for permanent residence under skilled worker class
Among the various means of migration, skilled worker category is one of the most common types in Canada. Foreign nationals who are skilled workers and professionals can submit the application forms for permanent residence under the category of Federal Skilled Worker Class. Skilled workers generally practice occupations that are in high demand and are selected by immigration officials as potential permanent residents and citizens. In order to immigrate to Canada in this category it is very important to have a clear idea on who can apply as skilled worker in Canada.
Basic requirement for application processing:
Before processing the applications, the Citizenship and Immigration Canada will assess the applicant’s eligibility for the skilled worker category. The following points will clearly inform you about who can apply as skilled worker in Canada and what basic eligibilities are required for successful processing
• Need to be proficient in English or French
• Have work experience in high demanding occupation or have a valid offer of arranged employment
• Have 1950 hours equivalent work experience without interruption which includes both part-time and full-time employment
• Should be a student from other countries who has enrolled in the international PhD program or graduated from the PhD program in Canada within the past 12 months
• Once the candidate meet the minimum requirements then the application will be processed depending on the factors like age, ability to adapt, experience, language skills, education and arranged employment. In addition to the above factors, it is also necessary to prove that you have sufficient money to settle in Canada.
• The applicants should get at least 67 points in the assessment test to attain the eligibility for skilled worker visa. If you are not sure about who can apply as skilled worker in Canada it is better to go through the CIC website to know in detail whether your application is eligible for processing.