Temporary foreign workers can become permanent residents through CEC
It is easy for a temporary foreign worker or a student in Canada to make a successful transition from temporary visa to permanent resident. To apply for Canadian Experience Class (CEC) only temporary workers with Canadian credentials who wish to become permanent residents are eligible. All applicants are required to possess right mix of knowledge, language skills and work experience to succeed in this category. Before applying for this class, it is important to know the requirements and application procedure clearly. If you want to get more details on who can apply for Canadian Experience Class you can visit the Canadian and Immigration Citizenship website.
In case of temporary foreign workers, the application for CEC will be assessed based on two basic factors –
• Work experience
• Language ability in English or French
If the applicant is a graduate of Canadian post-secondary educational institution with Canadian work experience then the assessment will be made based on their experience as well as the education.
To apply for the Canadian Experience class the following requirements are necessary.
• willing to live outside the province of Quebec
• should be a temporary foreign worker with at least two years of full-time or equivalent work experience in Canada in a managerial, professional or technical capacity, including those in the skilled trades or a foreign graduate with Canadian degree or diploma from a Canadian post-secondary institution with minimum one year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
• experience gained in Canada should be with proper work or study authorization
• valid only if applied while working in Canada or in one year of leaving the job in Canada
• should be qualified in the independent language test conducted by an agency authorized by CIC
The Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC) based on the skill type and level will assess the skilled work experience.